Training course 2019
Certificate in Social Research Methods
Social Research and Development Institute (SORADI) offers a high-quality course on Social Research which is grounded in the Somaliland context. This five-week long course is designed to accommodate both the adult trainee’s and student time schedules. This course will describe the key components and fundamentals of social research, introduce the ethics of research, allow trainees to develop skills and knowledge about quantitative and qualitative social research and identify criteria used to evaluate the quality of social research. The certificate proficiency course will be offered in modular format to provide flexibility for learners according to their individual and professional needs.
Objectives of the Program
1. Train researchers who can effectively plan and design research projects and can transfer the same skills to their colleagues within their institutions are needed in designing sound public and private projects and policies.
2. Equip development workers and postgraduate students with capacity needed for writing successful grant proposals to increase the revenue base of their institutions and building good relations with donors.
3. Improve understanding the differences between various survey designs, data management and advanced data analysis techniques.
4. Develop scientific writing and publishing skills so that findings are communicated and shared responsibly to impact a broader understanding of issues at all levels of the community.
5. Strengthen research management and leadership for improved development programs.
The Proficiency Certificate Course in Social Research Methods will admit learners with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and above in any discipline. The course offers full skills and competencies to students and development workers wishing to obtain “Proficiency Certificate”. Duration of the Program: The training duration is 5 intensive weeks which consists of class room sessions, seminars, lectures, group works and assignments and fieldworks. During the course the participants will develop mentored individual/group research proposals.
Course Fees and Certification
The course costs only 500 USD. This course assessed by the quality of the individual research Proposal, participation, attendance and assignments.
Certification: Participants will receive Proficiency Certificate in Social Research Methods
Course learning outcomes
By the end of this course students will be able to:
– Recognize the role of research in development studies, the value of learning skills in research methods, distinguish good from defective research
– Recall and describe the terminology used in research methods
– Formulate a research question and hypothesis
– Conduct a productive literature search in print and electronic sources
– Identify and conduct a research design project
– Compare and contrast the relative uses and advantages of quantitative, quanlitative, and Mixed-methods approaches
– Identify and explain the issues around ethics in research as they relate to subject matter, Participants and researchers
This course will advance your career development and give you an edge in your pursuit of your current and future positions in private sector companies, government institutions, NGOs, UB and other International organizations.
Application Process and Deadline
To apply for the course please download and fill the application form.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV and Copy of your certificates before 28th February 2019. For any inquiries please contact : Zeinab Yusuf Email: email@example.com or call +252633434095
The course offers :
Intensive, five week long course designed to accommodate time schedule for both adult trainees and students.
The course will be delivered through lectures, seminars, working groups and field assignments.
The course will be delivered by leading field experts – academics, researchers and development practitioners.
Mentored field research on research topic of your choice.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV and Copy of your certificates before 28th February 2019. For any inquiries please contact : Zeinab Yusuf
Email: email@example.com or call +252633434095